APPLYING FOR FINANCE: 6 TIPS TO HELP GET APPROVED
September 14, 2020
With the generous government grants available, there has never been a better time to buy a home, here are some quick tips to help prepare for applying for finance:
- Complete a credit check on yourself to make sure you have a good credit rating: these are free and you can apply here.
- Ensure good spending habits that show you can afford to service the loan. Note: Lenders will assess 3 – 6 months of discretionary spending habits by reviewing your bank statements, there will be no secrets
- Clear your credit card debt and personal loans .
- Reduce credit limits on any credit cards, buy now pay later providers and store credit cards.
- Establish a regular savings habit.
- Save at least a 5% deposit.
Remember not to buy out of your budget, focus on being able to create equity in your home.